Friday, May 7, 2010

Andhra Brinjal Masala

ANDHRA BRINJAL MASALA
Hi ....

Brinjal is my all time favourite vegetable. I dunno why is that for the last few days I have terribly fallen in love with mallu and andra foods..

Actually they look tastier and colourful for me now a days. Yet I didnt want to lose my idea about an Andra dish this week. SO prepared an Andra Brinjal Masala.

That was spicy and awesome. Was too good for rice and even roti's. I got this recipe from one of the paper cutouts which I had preserved from my 6th std. Iam not sure in which book it came from too!!!
Anyways .. Here is the recipe.

Ingredients:
Brinjal - 1/4 kg (cut into quarters)
oil - to fry
salt to taste
curry leaves - 10 - 12

To grind to a powder:
(dry roast all the ingredients and powder them)
corriander seeds - 3 tsp
fenugreek seeds - 1 tsp
mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
jeera - 1 tsp
peanut - 4 - 5 tsp
red chillies - 6 - 7
curry leaves - a handful

Method:
- in a pan add oil
- add curry leaves and fry
- add the brinjal and add salt
- fry till the brinjal gets half cooked in the oil
- now add the ground powder and fry for a minute
- add some water and allow that to cook until the moisture is absorbed
- serve

3 comments:

Indian Khana said...

Looks very gud....going to try this

Shama Nagarajan said...

good one dear

Hari Chandana P said...

looks too good.. lovely click..