Monday, May 31, 2010

Ginger Chicken (my version)

GINGER CHICKEN
Hi all,
This recipe is my invention.. I had the video for Ginger chicken by Vah chef but the video wasn't playing when I wanted to prepare this recipe today. As I had already decided about what to cook today I didnt want to go back with something else. I had already set an expectation to My Hubby dear that its GINGER CHICKEN today. So today another experiment on him and he loved it!!!!

Ingredients:
chicken - 1/2 kg
ginger - finely minced - 2 tbsp
salt to taste
onion - 2 (finely chopped)
turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
red chilli powder - 1 tsp
corriander powder - 1/2 tsp
garam masala - 1/2 tsp
curd - 1 tbsp
curry leaves - 10 - 12
pepper powder - 1/2 tsp
oil - 4 tbsp
water - 1/2 a cup
Method:
- in a pan add oil
- add the onions and ginger and fry till they change to golden brown
- add the curry leaves and chicken
- add salt and turmeric powder and cook for 4 - 5 mins
- add red chilli powder, corriander powder, pepper powder and garam masala
- mix well
- add curd and cook for another 2 mins
- add water and allow that to cook till soft
- serve as a side dish with rice or chappathi

No comments: