Thursday, June 3, 2010

Panchambiratham (milk version)

PANCHANBIRATHAM


HI all,

This is prasadam (offering) to Lord for any special pooja's.

We had my baby's naming ceremony on 27th May and the priest who had come home to perform the homa had prepared this panthambiratham. This is the milk - sugar version and the taste was heavenly.

This time he asked me to mix everything and give it to him for pooja so I had an oppertunity to learn this recipe.

He prepared this with various other fruits that we had that day.. But when I wanted to redo this recipe I just had 3 fruits so managed with the same

Ingredients:
Apple - 2 (skin peeled and cut into cubes)
banana - 4 (skin peeled and cut into cubes)
papaya - 1/4 (skin peeled and cut into cubes)
dates - a handful - cut into cubes
badam - 10 (cut them coarsely)
cashewnuts - 10 (cut them coarsely)
raisins - 2 - 3 tbsp
ghee - 1 tsp
honey - 2 tbsp
sugar candy - 2 tbsp
sugar - 1 tsp
mil - 1/4 cup
curd - 1/4 cup

Method:
- mix all the above ingredients and serve
- I tried to serve this chilled and the recipe had a special taste indeed.

No comments: