In the memory of my Grandmom, its Paneer payasam today.
She usually serves us as Pal Payasam. Never knew that was paneer that she added until we grew up. When ever the milk curdles, she prepared this recipe.
It happened to me as well. The milk curdled yesterday and I just remembered this recipe and prepared it instantly. This recipe does require a good amount of nuts and doenst require any ghee.
I have prepared this recipe exactly the same way as my Granny used to do. This is decided to my Granny!!
Milk - 1/2 lt
Paneer - prepared from 1/2 lt
sugar - 15 tbsp
cashew - 10 (finely chopped)
Badam - 10 (finely chopped)
Saffron - 1 pinch
cardamom powder - 1/4 tsp
- boil 1/2 lt of milk until its 1/4 of its volume
- to this add sugar and paneer and cook well
- add the nuts, saffron and cardamom powder and mix well.
- allow that to cook until the required consistancy
- tastes best when served cold.
This is a must try recipe. It gives a grainy appearance and just tastes awesome.