LEMON DRIZZLE CAKE
Butter - 100 gms
all purpose flour - 100 gms
sugar - 100 gms
baking powder - 1/2 cup
grated lemon skin - 1/2 tsp
Lemon juice - 3 tbsp
Icing sugar - 3 tbsp
salt - 1 pinch
Eggs - 3
- seive all purpose flour, salt and baking powder together thrice
- grind sugar to a fine powder
- add the sugar powder and butter and mix well until its creamy
- add the grated lemon and the eggs and beat until they are creamy
- add the flour little by little and mix in one direction
- mix well
- grease a baking tray with little butter
- pour the cake mixture and bake for 180 degress for 30 mins or until the tooth pick entered comes out clean.
- Allow that to cool down
- mix the lemon juice and castor sugar until its well blended
- pour the lemon juice mixture on top of the cake and serve.
Tastes awesome when its warm and served with Coffee / tea..