HAPPY DIWALI to ALL!!!!!!!
I have tried preparing mysore pak the first time in my life and that came out really tasty and soft......... Wish you all to have a wonderful and colourful festival with exciting sweets and savouries.
Besan powder - 1 cup
sugar - 1 cup
ghee - 1 cup
water - 1/2 cup
- add 2 - 3 tbsp of ghee and fry the besan till the raw smell goes off
- allow that to cool and seive it to remove the lumps
- then make sugar syrup to 1 string consistancy by adding water
- now while the sugar boils add the ghee and make it to heat up. Allow that to stay in slow fire.
- meanwhile when the sugar syrup reaches one string constistancy add the fried besan little by little slowly and mix well without any lumps
- in between add a spoon ful of ghee and fry till both the besan and ghee are fully used
- when the mysore pak leaves the sides of the pan and forms a ball pour that on a greased plate
- allow that to cool for 3 - 4 mins
- now cut them into pieces and serve.
- The main thing to note here is the sugar syrup consistancy and the mysore pak consistancy
- the ghee should be piping hot while its being poured in the besan mixture
- This was my first trial and it came out too well. So have a close watch on the consistancy..