cashew - 20
milk - 1/2 lt
sugar - 5 tbsp
condensed milk - 1/4 tin
freshly grated coconut - 3 tbsp
cardamom - 2 (pounded or crushed)
saffron - 1 pinch
ghee - 1 tbsp
raisins - 10
broken cashews for seasoning - 5
- soak cashews (10) in hot water for 1 hr and grind to a fine paste along with the grated coconut
- in a pan add ghee
- add broken cashews and raisins and fry
- add teh cardamom and fry
- add the milk and the paste and mix well
- add sugar and condensed milk
- mix well and allow that to boil until it thickens a bit and till the raw flavour is gone
- add the saffron and remove from fire.
- Serve cold.
Shanthi's Thilagai. Thanks Shanthi Aunty.. the recipe was a hit at home.. Bala loved it.