HI all.. I tried this recipe from Nithi's site.This was an easy but mouthwatering recipe. Dad had come home and was leaving to Chennai in the nite. It was only a day stay. So wanted to prepare something for my Mom as a suprise when this recipe came to my resume. Mom really loved it and the rest which was left overs than what I had packed for mom, dad finished it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!
All purpose flour/Maida - 1/2 cup
Semolina(Sooji/Rava) - 1 cup
Sweetened condensed milk(Milk maid) - 1/2 cup
Baking powder - 1/2 tsp
Salt - a pinch
Water - 1 cup
Pistachios - for garnish
Oil - for frying
For sugar syrup:
Sugar - 1 cupWater - 1 1/2 cups
- In a bowl, mix maida, semolina, baking powder and salt.
- Add the condensed milk and water to it and make a batter.
- Set this aside for 15 mins.
- Meanwhile mix sugar and water in a pan and allow it to boil till it comes to one sting consistency.
- Now take just enough oil in a pan, say about 1 inch from the bottom of the pan and once it is hot enough pour in half ladle of batter in the center and allow it to fry for just a min.
- Flip it and let it roast on the other side too.
- Its time to remove them when the sides are little roasted and the center turns light golden brown.
- Once removed from oil, just dip in the malpua into the sugar syrup for a min and remove them. - Arrange them on a plate and garnish with chopped pistachios.
Nithi... www.4thsensecooking.com. Thanks for the recipe Nithi.. was awesome and my parents loved it.