PUDALANGAI PAAL KOOTU (Snake Gourd)
Hi all,Iam sure Granny's recipes dont go wrong. The same goes for this recipe too. I really loved this recipe a when I was a kid. And when I called Grandmom, she said taht she had prepared this recipe for her lunch which made me prepare this recipe immediately. Awesome recipe and goes well as a side dish. Its very simple to make.
snake gourd - 1
onion - 1 (finely chopped)
salt to taste
oil - 2 tbsp
urad dal - 1tsp
mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
curry leaves - 10 - 15
dhal powder - 3 tbsp
dried red chillies - 2 - 3
coconut milk - 1/2 cup
- wash and cut the vegetable into halves, then cut them into semicircles.
- add oil in a pan add urad dal and mustard seeds
- add the red chillies and onion
- add curry leaves and fry till onions are transparent
- add the snake gourd and salt and some water
- allow that to cook and wait until its dry
- when its cooked add the dal powder and the coconut milk
- milk well and it takes seconds for all the milk to get absorbed
- remove from fire in your required consistancy.