My dad used to love this recipe a lot. When it comes to murukku his favourite and choice will be this. I wanted to suprise him with this recipe. So prepared and packed it for him as a suprise. Dad was here for a day stay and he really loved this and called and told me after he reached Chennai that he loved this murukku's. A easy never failing recipe.
rice flour - 1.5 cups
basin powder - 1/2 cup
salt to taste
white til seeds (white ellu) - 2 tsp
red chilli powder - 1 tsp
oil - to deep fry
ghee - 2 tsp
water to make a dough
- mix riceflour, ghee, salt, til seeds, red chilli powder, basin powder well
- add some water and make it to a dough
- allow that to rest for 10 mins
- now pour oil in a kadai and allow that become warm
- in a murukku maker add the dough and press it in the oil slowly.
- allow that to cook on slow fire. Dont be in a hurry by keeping the fire to high as they will get browned but will not be crisp
- when they are well cooked and crisp remove from the oil, drain them in a tissue
- allow them to cool and store them in an airtight container.