Does any one have a idea of what to prepare with a left over beetroot? I just had only one in the fridge and didnt know what to do with that.. I didnt want to make a halwa or soup .. but something to make my DH and baby eat.. and something different.. I tried this recipe.. came out awesome..
I even wanted to prepare a stuffing mixture but I was so lazy to do double work..
So ended up with a chappathi.
wheat flour - 2 cups
grated beetroot - 1/2 cup (I had just one)
salt to taste
red chilli powder - 3/4th tsp
ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
cumin seeds - 1 tsp
garam masala - 1/4 tsp
oil to drizzle
- mix all the above ingredients well
- add water little by little and make a soft dough
- let it sit aside for 1/2 an hour
- then roll them as thin chappathis
- heat a tava and place one rolled chappathi
- when it changes colour drizzle some oil
- and turn that to the other side
- drizzle some oil and allow that cook and serve hot.
I served this with baby corn masala.