Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Roasted Chicken

ROASTED CHICKEN 

HI Everyone.. 

NEW YEAR WISHES TO ALL!!!!!!!! Let me start with that!!! 
This recipe was there in my to cook list for atleast 2 years. I found this recipe from my mom's cook book. That didnt have any kind of stuffing inside. So just made the roasted / grilled chicken.. But made that in a kadai. The chicken was fully cooked, tasted awesome and gave me a sad feeling why did I prepare only One?

I got the whole chicken of exactly 1 kg in weight and marinated the day before. The next day fried it. Next attempt will be with stuffing inside.. 

Here goes the recipe. 


Ingredients: 
(for 1 kg)
one full chicken
juice of 1 lemon
salt to taste
red chilli powder - 2tsp
garam masala - 1/2 tsp
ginger garlic paste - 3 tbsp
turmeric powder -  1/2 tsp
oil to deep fry



Method:
- mix all the dry ingredients with ginger garlic paste and lemon juice
- make a thick paste (add water if required)
- wash the chicken well and pat it dry using a kitchen towel
- then make slits all over the chicken
- now apply the prepared paste inside and outside the chicken
- making sure its equally spread, then place it in a plate and close it with a cling paper
- leave it to marinate (I left that to marinate to over close to 15+ hrs)
- heat oil in a big mouthed pan / kadai ( I used a kadai)
- put the chicken inside and close the pan with a cover
- allow that to cook in low fire for 20 mins
- turn it the other side and cook for 20 more mins
- now keep the flame to high and cook for 5 mins on all the sides
- remove from the oil and serve hot with rice .. or as a starter..




Thanks Amma.. though you are not there with me.. yet your recipes makes me feel your presence!!!!!!!

No comments: