MALAI METHI TOFU
tofu - 1/4 kg - cut into cubes
methi leaves - 2 bunches - finely chopped
fresh cream - 1 cup
ginger garlic paste - 2 tbsp
salt to taste
red chilli powder - 1 tsp
amchur powder (dry mango powder) - 1/4 tsp
oil - 4 tbsp
onion - 1 finely chopped
- in a pan add oil
- add the onions and fry when the oil is hot.
- add thhe methi leaves and ginger garlic paste
- fry till the raw smell goes off
- add the salt, amchur powder, red chilli powder and fry for a min
- add the tofu cubes and fry gently.
- add 1/4 glass of water and malai and bring that to a nice boil
- serve that hot as a semi gravy or dry as a side dish to chappathi / parata or roti.
Khana Khazana by Sanjeev Kapoor. He prepared this recipe with Peas and methi and I tried this with Tofu..