Back with an interesting post. Had been to Chennai for Pongal and happened to taste this dosa. My friend was right. She said that none would make out what was this made made of .. exactly neither was I able to judge with the taste or the colour what was it.. but a quick recipe .. easy to make and tasted yummy for a perfect unprepared Breakfast .... A healthy breakfast too!!!!!
Rice - 1 cup
idli rice - 1 cup
urad dal - 1 handful
curry leaves - 1 cup
ginger - 1"
salt to taste
coconut - grated - 1 cup
green chillies - 4
oil - to drizzle
- soak rice, idli rice and urad dal for 2 hrs
- if you are in a hurry you can soak them for 1/2 an hour in hot water
- add the rice, idli rice, salt, green chillies, ginger, coconut and curry leaves in a mixer grinder
- grind them to a fine paste in a dosa consistency and mix salt with it
- allow that to rest for 10 mins.
- Meanwhile heat the dosa tava
- pour a laddle full of dosa batter on the tava make nice thin dosa's
- drizzle some oil and turn them on the other side and allow them to cook
- serve the crispy dosa with nice spicy chutney. ..
My friend Varuni.