Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Carrot Rice

CARROT RICE
Ingredients:

grated carrot - 1 cup
cooked rice - 2 cups
green chillies - 3 (finely chopped)
onion - 1 (finely chopped)
curry leaves - 10 - 12
salt to taste
mustard seeds - 1 tsp
urad dal - 1 tsp
channa dal - 1 tsp
oil - 1 tbsp

Method:
- keep the cooked rice aside and allow that to cool down
- now add oil in a pan
- when its hot add the mustard seeds, urad dal, channa dal
- fry till the channa dal changes colour
- now add the curry leaves and onion and fry till they turn golden brown
- add salt if necessary
- add the green chillies and the carrot
- fry for 2 - 3mins
- mix this to the rice serve!

Note:
- I didnt add curry leaves.. but by adding that will really give a good flavour. I didnt have the leaves in my researve. Can also add fried cashews if you want.. Though its optional.

Thanks to my MOM....
Though she was never a good cook... when I did this dish I remembered my school days. She used to pack this for lunch. I always loved ghee.. SO she adds ghee instead of oil

No comments: