CHOCOLATE ICECREAM WITH CHOCO CHIPS AND WALNUTS
milk - 3 + 1/2 cups (full fat)
cream - 200 g
sugar - 6 tbsp
milk powder - 4 tbsp
liquid glucose - 1 tbsp
CMC - 1/2 tsp
GMS - 1 tsp
chocochips - 1 cup
walnuts - finely chopped and dry roasted - 4 - 5 tsp
chocolate essence - 1 tsp
chocolate powder - 2 tsp
water - 1 cup
- in a large mouth vessel pour half glass of water and bring it to boil
- then add 3 cups of milk and bring it to a boil for 20 mins in low flame.
- then add milk powder, sugar to 1/2 cup of milk and make a paste
- add that to the boiling milk and bring it to boil for another 10 mins
- in another tea pan add 1/2 cup of water.
- to it add CMC and GMS and mix well
- add liquid glucose and mix well and make a thick paste
- add that to the milk mixture nd allow it to boil until the mixture reduces to 1/4th of the original quantity / to a custard consistancy
- strain without any lumps
- add them to a box and freeze that over night
- next day remove the milk mixture and leave it at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- now whip this mixture in a whipper (mixie ) for 10 mins or can beat it using electric beater/ blender for 5 - 7 mins or until they form a thick shining mixture
- now to this add cream and whip / blend for another 5 minutes- add the chocolate powder and essence and blend for another 2 mins
- freeze them in a closed container for 2 hrs
- now add the chocochips and roasted walnuts to the mixture
- mix well and freeze in a closed container for 6 - 7 hrs or until set and serve!!!!!
This is for the EVENT: COOKING 4 ALL SEASONS