idli batter - 2 cups
oil - to temper
soda - a pinch
water - little
- mix soda and little water to the idli batter, mix well
- grease the kuli paniharam pan over night with oil
- if thats a non stick pan then need not grease them.
- add 1/2 tsp of oil on all the depressions and then add the batter until it covers 3/4 th of the depression
- close the pan with a lid
- then using a sharp knife slide on the sides and then turn over the paniharam until cooked
- serve with chutney
- I served with vathal kulambu as I was not able to prepare chutney at that moment.