Rice - 1/2 cup
moong dal - 1/2 cup
salt to taste
pepper - 2 tbsp
cumin seeds - 1 tsp
green chilli - 1 (finely chopped)
cashew nuts - 2 - 3 tbsp
ghee - 1/2 cup
ginger - 2 " (finley chopped)
curry leaves - 10 - 15
water - 6 cups
- wash both the dal and rice
- in a pressure pan- add ghee (keep 5 - 6 tbsp seperately) and fry the rice and dhal well
- then add salt and add the water and leave it to steam for 5 - 6 whistles
- remove and keep it aside
- in a pan add the left over ghee
- power the pepper coarsely
- add the curry leaves, pepper, cumin seeds and green chillies, ginger and fry
- then add chopped cashews and add them to the cooked rice and mix well.
- serve hot!
Thanks goes to : Uma , my Hubby's collegue who taught me how to make this tasty dish!!