My husband was not ready to allow me to cook this recipe unless and until I named it Bala - pali (Balachander being his name). I finally had to convince about this topic and tried this recipe. The recipe came out too crispy and a good snack to eat.
200gms(2 in number) sweet potato (approx 1 and 1/4 cups after cooking and mashing)
1 and 1/2 cups all purpose flour(maida)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tea spn baking powder
2 tbl spns ghee
1/4 tea spn salt
Oil + 2 tbl spns ghee for deep frying
- Cook and mash sweet potatoes.
- Mix all other ingredients (except oil-ghee mixture used for deep frying) to make a dough.
- Take a big ball of the dough and roll into a circle of about 1/4 to 1/2 cm thickness.
- Cut them into parallelograms
- Deep fry them in oil-ghee mixture on a medium flame.
- Remember to fry them till they are dark brown.
- If they are fried less than that, they don’t get crispy.
- Cool to room temperature and then store in air tight container.
Thanks goes to :
This is for the EVENT : TASTE OF MYSORE
This is for the EVENT: COOKING 4 ALL SEASONS