This is the first bread I have ever baked. I came out too well. I dunno why the top portion of the bread was too crispy. Yet, happiness prevails becoz my first trial of baking a bread didnt let me down.
Atta - 1 + 1/2 cup
yeast - 2 tsp
warm milk - 3/4 cup
sugar - 1 tsp
salt - 1/4 tsp
- in a bowl add sugar, salt and warm milk
- mix well.
- add t he yeast and mix well. Leave it for some time for it to prove.
- the mixture will become frothy.
- add the atta flour.
- mix well and make a dough
- if its too elastic, then add a little more flour and make a dough
- leave it in a closed bowl for 2 hrs
- now the dough will be double of its original size
- punch out the air and put that dough in a greased bread loaf pan
- close it with a wet kitchen towel
- allow it to rise for another 1 hour
- preheat the oven at 180 degrees
- then bake the bread at 180 degrees for 35 minutes
- when its done, remove from the mould and place that on a wire rack
- slice them when they are cold
This is for the EVENT : TASTE OF MYSORE
This is for the EVENT: COOKING 4 ALL SEASONS