Eggplant diced – 1 large
Cumin seeds (Jeerakam)- 1/2 tsp
Fennel seeds (Perumjeerakam) – 1 tsp
Nigella/Kalonji – 1/2 tsp
Tomatoes chopped – 3 medium sized
Ginger-Garlic paste – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Red Chilly Powder – 1 tsp
Coriander Powder – 1 tbsp
Salt – to taste
Oil – as needed
- Put the eggplant in a bowl of cold water,wash them and drain the water.
- Then pat dry them with a towel.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry them in medium heat until they turn reddish
- Drain them into a a tissue paper. - Heat another pan and add little oil into it.
- When hot,add cumin seeds and allow it to splutter.
- Now add nigella seeds and fennel seeds and fry for a while.
- Then add chopped tomato and ginger-garlic paste and saute for a minute.
- Add coriander powder,turmeric powder,chilly powder and salt and stir well.
- Cook it for 3-4 minutesor until gravy thickens.
- Add the fried eggplant into the gravy and mix gently.
- Simmer for 1 more minute, garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with rotis.
Thanks goes to:
This dish was tempting me for a while.. I tried this today.. was so easy and delicious.. Something good without using the Onions