Friday, September 4, 2009

Rava Idli Upuma

RAVA IDLI UPUMA

I was able to prepare rava idli yesterday. How ever, though I managed to finish it off, I was not able to finish all.. So with the left over idli I made rava idli upma.......

Ingredients:
rava idli - 4 (scrambled)
onions - 2 (finely chopped)
salt to taste
oil to fry
mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
urad dal - 1 tsp
channa dal - 1 tsp
green chilies - 2 (finely chopped)
curry leaves - 10 (i didnt use here as I didnt have that with me)
turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
juice of lemon - 1/2


Method:
- in a pan add oil
- add muastard seeds, channa dal and urad dal when the oil is hot
- when the seasoning changes colour , add onions, green chillies and turmeric powder
- fry till the onions change to golden brown
- add salt to taste
- now add curry leaves and fry
- add the scrambled idli and fry for 4 - 5 mins in slow fire
- add the leon juice and cook for 2 mins
- when done, serve hot!!!


No comments: