Monday, September 21, 2009

Stuffed Capsicum (2)

STUFFED CAPSICUM (2)
Its a big mistake on my side..I did this lip smacking recipe.. but didnt follow my Hubby's instructions...
How dumb I could be?

These capsicums were too huge. I scopped out the inside stuff and removed the ends. Stuffed the potato masala. I also cooked in oil, it was also ready to eat.. But how did I ever forget to think How a person can eat that as a whole (refer to my first pic)?

Now when I was confused, my saviour, who saves and bears all the mistakes I do when I cook (my Hubby dear), came and rescued me.. But... Time was up and I had to rush. But he gave me an idea.

When you all look at my second pic, here we have all of them chopped into rings.. So the whole Idea was to stuff the capsicum and before frying it as a whole, fry each ring seperately until crisp and brown and serve!!

Isn't it easy? I had pledged me brains and It was not working.. so sorry dear viewers, my version of this recipe's final product will have all the ends crisp.. Where is the frying and crispiness in the inside part? So again , will be rectified in the next attempt.. Please excuse.!!!


Ingredients:
Capsicum - 4
paneer - crumbled - 1 cup
potatoes - 4 (large - boiled and smashed)
salt to taste
vinegar - 2 tsp
ginger garlic paste - 2 tsp
turmeric powder - 1 tsp
red chilli powder - 2 tsp
cumin powder - 1/2 tsp
garam masala - 1/2 tsp
pepper powder - 1 tsp
corriander leaves - handful, chopped
oil to fry

Method:
- cut the ends of the capsicum
- remove the inside of the capsicum and it should look hollow.
- wash and keep it aside
- to make the masala, add oil in a pan
- add the ginger garlic paste
- add salt, turmeric powder, garam masala, red chilli powder, pepper powder, vinegar, cumin powder and mix well for 2 mins
- now add the paneer and potato masala and mix well
- add the corriander leaves and cook well until the raw smell is gone, Masala is ready!!


- now comes the stuffing part, as I have already apologied and asked sorry for my brains power cut, here Iam going to tell what was done and what will have to be done!!
- Now, stuff the capsicums
- add oil in a pan
- add the capsciums one by one, may be 2 at a time and close the pan with a lid
- every once in 2 mins, just roll the capsicum in such a way that all the sides of it gets cooked and changes it colour.
- when the sides are cooked, now place the capsicum in a standing position where the ends of the capsicum masala is cooked and turns crisp
- do the same for both the sides


What did I do here?
- I cut them into rings after they are cooked, so inside of the stuffed capsicum is not crispy

What should be done is:
- so after stuffing the capsicums, cut them into thick rings
- shallow fry in the pan using oil as how the fishes are fried, then the crispiness will be there on both the ends.

1 comment:

Nithya said...

Wow.. that was a nice idea and looks pretty too.