potatoes - 3 (cooked, peeled and mashed)
cashew nuts - 5 - 7 (soaked in water)
salt to taste
pepper powder - 1 tsp
egg - 1
corriander leaves - 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
oil - to fry
- mix potatoes, egg, salt, corriander leaves, pepper powder
- coarsely grind cashew nuts in a mixer grinder and add that to the potato mixture
- mix well and allow that to rest in the fridge for 1 hr
- after one hour, make equal sized balls from the potato mixture and pat them to even even sized patties
- in a pan add oil, add the patties and cook in slow fire on one side
- then turn them to the other side and cook till they are golden brown
- serve them as a side dish.
This is a Srilankan Dish. My most favourite one. This is very easy to make. I have done shallow fry here, you can also deep fry these patties. The egg will make the mixture bind well.
Goes well with burgers as well.