MIXED VEGETABLES PULI KOOTU
This recipe gets the tangy taste from the tamarind thats used with vegetables, kind of different recipe. This goes well with rice and as a side dish. Its usually prepared in a semi gravy consistancy, but, I made this as a dry side dish for my roti rolls for dinner.
Mixed vegetables - 2 cups
salt to taste
oil - 1tbsp
urad dal - 1 tsp
mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
curry leaves - 10 - 15
red chillies - 4
corriander seeds - 1 tsp
cumin seeds - 1 tsp
grated coconut - 4 tsp
tamarind - 1 lemon size (made into a paste)
- add 1 tsp of oil in a pan and roast red chillies, corriander seeds and cumin seeds
- add some coconut and grind to a fine paste
- add the mixed vegetables in a pressure pan and add some tamarind water
- pressure cook for 1 whistle.
- now add oil in a pan
- add the urad dal and mustard seeds,, fry for a min.
- add curry leaves and fry for a min
- pour that to the vegetables and serve them hot.