SHAHI BHENDI MASALA
Another recipe from Priti's website. Wow, was the taste. This was very rich and creamy.. and I did change some ingredients and and added some more as well..
We had this recipe with roti.. Wow it was!!
Bhindi/Okra - 400gram (chopped into 1" slices)
badam - 13-15 (soaked and ground to a fine paste)
Ginger-garlic paste - 2 tbsp
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1/2tsp
Onion - 1 (chopped)
Green chilies - 4 (chopped)
Tomato - 1 (chopped)
Curry leaves - few
Coriander leaves chopped - 1/4cup
Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
Coriander powder - 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Sabji masala - 2 tsp (refer to powders page)
Salt - to taste
Oil - 5 tbsp
fresh cream - 2 tbsp
- fry the bhendi slices in oil for 5 - 10 mins (fry till the stickiness is completely vanished)
- remove the fried bhendi and leave it aside
- add oil in a pan, add cumin, mustard seeds
- add the chopped onion and green chilies and fry until golden brown.
- add the tomato and ginger garlic paste
- mix well and fry till the raw smell goes off
- add the red chilli powder, salt, turmeric powder, sabji masala powder, corriander powder and mix well
- fry for 2 mins and then add the bhendi slices and fry
- add the curry leaves and corriander leaves
- fry well
- add the badam paste and cream and mix well
- add some water and allow that to boil
- when its thick remove and serve hot with rice / chappathi.
- the original recipe calls for cashews and I have used badam instead.