CHOCOLATE YULE LOG CAKE
I prepared this cake today as my Baby has turned 3 ..... Not 3 years of course.. she has completed 3 months as of today.. Wow .. the days ran so fast and she is 3 months old!!!!!!!
For the cake:
eggs - 3
sugar - 1/2 cup
flour - 1/4 cup
butter - 2 tbsp
For the filling:
dark chocolate - 100 g
water - 1 tbsp
butter - 1/2 cup
sugar - 1/4 cup
To make the cake:
- seperate the egg whites and yolks
- seive maida and keep it aside
- powder the sugar
- add the egg yolks, sugar and butter and beat till they are creamy
- now grease a tray and keep it aside
- preheat the oven at 180 degrees.
- add maida to the egg mixture and mix that well until well blended
- pour this mixture into the tray and allow that to bake for 15 mins.
- keep a baking paper ready.
- to that add the powdered sugar evenly.
- now place the cake on the sugar coated paper
- place a kitchen towel and roll
- seal the edges and leave it aside to cool
To make the frosting:
- melt the chocolate in a double boiler or microwave by adding water
- when its smooth add the powdered sugar and the butter
- mix well and leave it in the fridge for 2 hrs until set
To make the roll:
- when the cake is cold unroll the cake and remove the towel
- now apply the frosting inside.
- roll the cake back again.
- again apply the remaining froasting on the cake and serve chilled.
I just had these three slices left for me to click a pic,.. needless to say the cake was too yummy and awesome.
Thanks for this recipe.