I saw this recipe in one the websites while I was browsing through. Though it was mentioned as a Srilankdan dish, yet that was not the original preparation. That gave me an idea to prepare this dish and post.
This is a simple dish. But highly filling.
maida flour - 2 cups
grated fresh coconut - 1 cup
vanaspathi / ghee (i used ghee) - 3 - 4 tsp
oil - to grease
water to make a dough
salt to taste
- add flour, coconut, ghee and salt and mix well
- to this sprinkle water and make into a tight dough
- allow that to sit for 20 mins
- take a handful of dough and roll into 1/2" thick rotti's
- heat a tava
- to that place the rolled rotti and allow that to coook in simmer
- grease them with oil and turn it to the other side
- slowly cook them and serve them hot
Side dishes : goes best with seeni sambal, maasi sambal and thengai sambal
(will be posting these recipes soon). I had this rotti with thengai sambal today.