CURRY LEAVES PRAWNS
Iam sure that this name is new to everyone. But my granny prepares this recipe quite often. She prepares curry leaves powder. She prepares the curry leaves powder when ever she gets a lot of curry leaves. She uses this powder in lots of dishes. The sun dried crispy curry leaves are ground to a fine powder and stored.
So I have used her same method and prepared this recipe.. but here... its microwaved curry leaves and ground to a fine powder.
prawns - deveined and cleaned - 1/4 kg
onion- 1 (finely chopped)
tomato - 1 (finely chopped)
green chilli - 1 ( chopped)
salt to taste
curry leaves powder - 2 tsp
red chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
pepper powder - 1/4 tsp
garam masala - 1/4 tsp
ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
oil - 2 tbsp
- in a pan add oil
- add the onions and tomatoes and fry till they are mushy.
- add ginger garlic paste, red chilli powder, garam masala, turmeric powder, salt to taste, pepper powder and mix well
- when the raw smell disappears add the prawns and fry well. It normally gives out its own juices
- sprinkle some water if necessary
- mix well and then when the mixture is kindda semi solid add the curry leaves powder and give one good stir.
- remove from fire and serve.