This is my favourite recipe and one of the famous recipe in Karnataka. The original recipe has the coconut gratings added to this but I didnt add them though.
I made idiyappam today morning for breakfast and then decided to make some more dough for this recipe for a evening snack. I prepared this recipe in my own way and took just less than 10 mins and it was awesome.
A snack, a tiffen and easy recipe to prepare when you dont have anything else to prepare at home !!!!!!!!!
rice flour - 1 cup
warm water to make the dough
salt to taste
onions - 2 finely chopped
green chillies - 3 (finely chopped)
corriander leaves - a handful (finely chopped)
oil to fry
- mix all the ingredients except the oil and make a dough equal to idiyappam dough texture.
- leave it aside for 10 mins
- make small balls of the dough
- flatten them on a greased plastic covers
- place a tava on the fire and let it get hot
- slowly remove the roti from the plastic sheet and place it on the tava
- simmer and cook
- apply oil on the sides and turn it the other side and cook well
- serve this hot with either onion chutney or eat just like that