This dish is prepared by Lankans. As my origin is from Lanka I am much familiar with some of the authentic dishes which rules their cooking flavours.
This dish is one among them. Its usually taken with bread or Roti (recipe is also available). This recipe is usually prepared using a stone grinder which was usually available in those days in each and every home. But as I didnt have those I prepared this in the motor prestle. And the flavour hasnt changed .. except for the colour.
Its pretty simple and tasty if followed the same way.
grated coconut - 1 cup
small onions - 1 handful
salt to taste
red chillies - 2
Method: (I prepared this way)
- in a motor prestle add the chopped onions and red chillies and start smashing them until they are coarse.
- now add salt and grated coconut and again using the motor prestle smash it for 3 - 4 mins
- remove and serve
Method: (the original version)
- make red chilli and salt to a fine paste
- to this add the onions and smash them well
- add the grated coconut and mix well for 2 - 3 mins
- this method needs stone grinders.