curd - 1 cup
Rava (sooji) - 1tsp
sugar - 1 tsp
salt - 1/2 tsp
turmeric powder - 1/2 pinch
water - 1 & 1/2cup
citric acid - 1/2 tsp
Baking soda - 1/4 tsp
mustard seeds - 1 tsp
oil - 2 tsp
curry leaves - 10
corriander leaves - 2 tsp
- grease a microwave plastic mould with oil
- in a pan add oil
- when the oil is hot add the mustard and curry leaves and fry.
- mix curd, rava, salt, sugar and turmeric, add the fried ingredients
- add 1 cup of water to the mixture.
- beat it well until it is disolved
- Now dissolve citric acid in 1/2 a cup of water and mix in this mixture.
- Add soda to the mixture.
- mix well until this forms a idli batter consistancy.
- Now microwave this mixture for 3 mins in high.
- remove this mixtiure from oven after 5 mins of standing time.
- serve hot with pudina chutney.
- you can substitue the citric acid with a juice of half lemon.
- you can also prepare the same dokla without microwave. The above ingredients and the procedure are the same. Pour this mixture in a bowl and bake it in a pressure pan without whistle for 5 - 7 mins. Cut them into squares and the rest of the procedure is the same as above.