BRAZILIAN CHOCOLATE CHIFFRON CAKE
Flour - 2 +1/2 cup2.5 cup
sifted cake flour
sugar - 2 cups
baking powder - 2 tsp
instant coffee powder - 2 tsp
salt - 1 tsp
cinnamon powder - 1/2 tsp
refined oil - 1/2 cup
eggs separated - 5
water - ¾ cup
vanilla essence - 2 tsp
unsweetened baking chocolate melted - 1 cup
corn flour - ½ tsp
- Preheat oven to 180 degreees C.
- Sift cake flour,sugar,baking powder,instant coffee powder, salt and cinnamon powder together into large bowl.
- Make well in centre of the flour mixture; add oil, egg yolks, water and vanilla essence and beat until the mixture is smooth.
- Add melted chocolate to flour mixture ad blend well.
- In another small bowl combine the cream of tartar and egg whites.
- Beat until egg whites fluffy.
- Gently fold egg whites into chocolate mixture until well blended not stir.
- Pour the batter into greased 10-inch tube pan and bake for 50 minutes or until cake springs back when touched lightly with finger and decorate as u wish with chocolates or creams.