PRALINE VANILLA SPONGE GATEAU
For the sponge:
Vanilla- 1 tsp
Basic Butter Icing
Unsalted butter, softened-75 g
Icing sugar-140 g
Milk-1-2 tbsp ( optional)
To make the cake:
- Beat eggs and sugar till thick and creamy and falls in thick ribbons when poured from a height (approx. 8-10 mins).
- Then add in flour ,vanilla and beat till it forms a real thick batter which is almost mousse like(approx.4-5 mins)
- Pour into a prepared round tin and bake in an oven at 180 degrees for 25-30 mins or till done
To make Butter Icing:
- Mix butter and powdered sugar to a smooth paste like consistency.
- Add milk if you need to make it a bit more loose.
- If you like your icing to be thick , double the recipe.
To make the Praline:
- Caramelise sugar on a medium flame till golden brown.
- Add nuts & butter to it and mix well.
- Pour onto a butter/tissue/parchment paper and let it cool completely.Crush/powder them into tiny bits.
Assembling the cake:
- Cut the cake horizontally into 2 or 3 [I cut it into 2].
- Sandwich each layer with 3-4 tbsp of butter icing.
- Sprinkle some praline in between the layers
- Spread the remaining icing on top and sides.
- Sprinkle the crushed praline on top and on sides.
- Cut into wedges and serve.
Divya and its mentioned that Divya got the recipe from RIA. Thanks both of you!!