This is a quick and a tasty snack. This could be prepared and stored in air tight containers.
Rice flour (aarisi mavu) - 1 cup
cumin seeds - 1 tsp
salt to taste
ghee - 1 tsp
water - as needed
red chili powder - 1/2 tsp
Oil - to deep fry
- add oil in a pan and allow that to get hot
- meanwhile mix flour, salt, cumin seeds, ghee, red chilli powder
- mix well until it resembles bread crumbs.
- then sprinkle water little by little and make that to a softer dough
- the dough should be softer than the chappathi dough.
- now tae a handful of dough and fill the muruku maker.
- press the dough maker directly into the hot oil
- and cook the murukku in slow fire and until crisp
Remove from fire. Then leave it in a paper until the oil is completely drained. When it cools down store them in an airtight container