Its a kheer.. cooked in its own way.. easy to prepare and got its own taste.
milk - 4 cups boiled
bread - 2 slices
sugar - 7 - 8 tsp
cardamom powder - 2 pinches
saffron - 1 pinch
chopped cashews - 1 tsp
ghee - 1/4 tsp
- bring milk to boiling state
- remove the sides of the bread slices and then crumble them into bread crumbs.
- add the bread crumbs, sugar to the milk and allow that to thicken
- in a pan add ghee and fry the cashews till golden brown
- add that to the milk mixture, add the cardamom powder and saffron
- mix well
- serve chilled
Tarla Dalal, book.The book came free with my Microwave oven atleast 6 - 7 years back. Though I have tried this recipe multiple times.. it was never boring..An easy recipe prepared within seconds.