My Dad and Mom had come over this weekend. I wanted to give them a soup and a starter. So i decided to make tomato soup and this starter. Amma, usually doesnt touch, cook or eat the sea food items where in Dad and My hubby are good at it. The funniest thing was MOm didnt know what It was and had a bite. She even had this as a starter until the finished the soup. We never told her... and on letting her know she was like.. I couldnt recognise the fish smell or the taste.. it was crisp and good..
O that was great success.. Even my Mom had this!!!Do try this recipe.. Easy to make.
I got sear fish in the market and asked the shop wala to cut the fish slices as we need for curry. Then I cut them into thin strips. Iam not sure if this wil work out with other fishes.. The taste was heavenly and dont ask.. the plate was all over before we could finish the soup.
fish - lengthly sliced as fingers ( I used sear fish here) - 1 cup
red chilli powder - 1/4 tsp
chopped curry leaves - 1/2 tsp
salt to taste
turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
garam masala - 1/4 tsp
pepper powder - 1/4 tsp
ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
cumin powder - 1/4 tsp
corriander powder - 1/4 tsp
oil - to deep fry
besan powder - 2 tsp
bread crumbs - 1 tsp
- in a bowl mix red chilli powder, salt, turmeric powder, corriander powder, pepper powder, garam masala powder, curry leaves, ginger garlic paste
- add the fish fingers and mix well and allow it to marinate for atleast 30 mins.
- now mix besan powder and bread crumbs in a plate
- toss the marinated fish fingers and leave it aside
- when it forms a coating, toss the fish fingers one by one between your palms to remove the excess coating
- heat the oil in the pan
- when the oil is hot add the fish fingers and deep fry till they turn golden brown.
- serve this as a starter.
Vah reh Vah chef - Sanjay.....Got this video from a friend and wanted to try this out when Dad and mom come here.. They did come and had a nice time ..!!!