Sunday, May 9, 2010

Badusha

BADHUSHA

HI all,

This recipe was taken from Padma's recipe. I was following her blog for quite some time and wanted to try this recipe for long.

As I normally do, I just prepared only half the quantity of the original quantity mentioned by her.

Here.. I have used Ghee instead of butter. The original recipe asks for butter. And the original recipe says that the fried badusha should be left inside the syrup for just 2 - 3 mins. But I felt that was not soaked enough, I allowed them to sit for 1 - 2 hrs time. By them the badusha's were soft and tasted awesome. I didnt get the pic to look the same way of how padma's pics looks.. yet.. I am still in a doubt if this was what that has to be done. But anyways let me tell you what I did here!!!!!!

Anyways if the recipe didnt come out well.. Please forgive me as I also tried this recipe for the first time. Though the taste was good.. Iam still not happy about the softness of the badusha's


Here is the recipe:

Ingredients:
Maida - 1 cup
baking soda - 3/8th tsp
salt - a pinch
ghee - 1/2 cup
oil - to deep fry
sugar - 1 cup
water - 1 cup
cardamom seeds - powdered - 1/2 tsp


Method:
- seive salt, maida, baking soda twice
- to that add the melted ghee and mix well.
- that will resemble bread crumbs
- to that now add water little by little to make a soft dough
- leave that to rest for 20 mins
- in another vessel add water and sugar and bring it to a boil
- when the sugar boils to a thick syrup consistancy add the cardamom powder and leave the syrup to simmer
- in another pan add oil and allow that to become hot
- meanwhile make balls from the dough
- flatten that and press then in the center
- deep fry the flattened balls in oil in medium flame and make sure its cooked and doesnt get browned
- now let the fried badusha cool for a min or two
- drop them in the hot sugar syrup and allow that to soak in the syrup until the syrup is absorbed
- serve.

Source:
http://padmasrecipes.blogspot.com/2009/10/badusha.html

5 comments:

Indian Khana said...

Wow looks so wonderful

Suja Manoj said...

Badusha looks great..that would have tasted heavenly..first time here..wonderful blog.

Sapthanaa Vytheswaran said...

thanks Suja for the comment.. yes just improving my site and the badusha really did taste well..

TREAT AND TRICK said...

Hi...this is so yummy dear and looks perfect..

Padma said...

Thanks Sapthana. I am really ahppy that you tried :)