Saturday, May 29, 2010

Broken Wheat Kanji

BROKEN WHEAT KANJI

Hi All,

After getting discharged from the hospital, Iam being experimented with different varities of kanji by my mom. As I started feeling more hungry, everyday food is accompanied by either a soup of kanji before or after meals.

One way thats good too as it satisfies my hunger and a new healthy recipe to learn everyday some how.

This was prepared by my mom. Ususally she prepares the sweet version as a payasam and here.. she has made a kanji for me as Iam allergic to sweets now a days..


Here is the recipe...

Ingredients:
broken wheat - 1/4 cup
water - 4 cups
salt to taste
milk - 1 cup

Method:
- in a pressure pan add water, salt and the broken wheat
- cook for two whistles
- now when the steam is gone add the milk and serve hot ..

No comments: