This is my most favourite dish. There is a hotel in Bangalore, Shivaji Nagar. Its called Hilal.. I swear I have never tasted such mutton chops ever any where else.
They are so tender, soft, juicy and tasty. And I have tried all my best to prepare such and I couldnt even near the texture or the taste.
SO decided to take this recipe from our favourite chef - Sanjay from Vahrehvah.com.
Here it is:
mutton - 1/4 kg
cinnamon - 1" stick
cardamom - 3
cloves - 3
jeera seed - 1 tsp
onion - 1 (finely chopped)
ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
curry leaves - 10 - 12
turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
salt to taste
dry coconut powder (optional) - 2 tsp
red chilli powder - 2 tsp
corriander powder - 1 tsp
pepper powder - 1 tsp
garlic - 5 - 6 (finely choppped)
oil - to temper
ghee - 2 tsp
garam masala - 1/2 tsp
juice of 1/2 lemon
- in a pressure pan add oil
- add cinnaon, cardamom, cloves, jeera, onion, garlic, ginger garlic paste, curry leaves and fry
- fry till the onions are golden brown
- to this add the mutton slices
- then salt to taste
ad the turmeric powder, corriander powder,red chilli powder, pepper powder and ghee
- mix well and add some water
- bring it to a boil and add the garam masala and cook till its tender
- when its cooked, again place it on fire and cook till the moisture is completely gone and serve with garnished corriander leaves and lemon juice
Vah reh Vah Chef.