Today I have prepared a new dish which was my all time favourite. I saw a video and did this today. This recipe needs an overnight marination and goes well with rice and roti's. I served this with Gobi Parata today and which I will be posting in a little while.
Hmm.. its a spicy chicken dish and simple to make, if you have already marinated this. The original recipe calls in to cook the chicken on the stove and I didnt do that. Iam sure most of us dont want to do that either as its gonna consume time. RIGHT?
So I cooked this in the pressure pan and let me run you all through the recipe.
chicken - 1/2 kg
tomato - 2 (finely chopped)
potato - 2 (chopped into cubes)
onions - 2 (finely chopped)
green chillies - 2 - 3 (finely chopped)
white vinegar - enough to grind a paste
ginger garlic paste - 2 tsp
bay leaves - 2
cloves - 4
cinnamon - 1" stick
cardamom - 4
mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
fenugreek seeds - 1 tsp
pepper - 1 tsp
red chilli powder - 1 tsp
salt to taste
corriander powder - 1 tsp
cumin powder - 1 tsp
turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
oil - 2 - 3 tsp
- grind the green chillies, ginger garlic paste, salt, bay leaves, cloves, cinnamon, cardamom, mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, pepper, red chilli powder, corriander powder, cumin powder and turmeric powder to a fine paste by adding a little vinegar.
- make sure that the paste is fine and thick
- now marinate the chicken with this paste and leave it in the fridge overnight. (not in the freezer).
- the next day remove the chicken from the fridge
- in a pressure pan add oil
- add the onions and fry till they are golden brown
- add the tomatoes and potatoes and fry till the tomatoes are little mushy
- now add the marinated chicken and fry for 2 - 3 mins
- add less 1/4 cup of water and pressure cook till done
Iam sure this recipe needs a bit of garnishing. That was not mentioned in the video. Kindly garnish with chopped corriander. I didnt garnish as I was in a hurry burry to take a snap and get ready to go to office... And you all can very well see the steam which is coming out of the dish..
Titli Nihan's Busy Kitchen.