This recipe I have tasted in one of the muslim hotels. It was awesome. I havent had the recipe to try out anyways.
But prepared this dish from a Video taken from Youtube.com. It came out well. But the original recipe asks for a baking procedure for 1 Hr which i omitted and prepared it in the pressure pan. Secondly the recipe asks for a food colour.. Which I didnt add.
Again, here the original recipe was prepared by cooking the mutton in stove till done, which I havent done, but did everything in the pressure pan.
mutton - 1/2 kg
cinnamon - 1"
cloves - 3
cardamom - 3
salt to taste
turmeric powder - 1 tsp
cumin powder - 1/2 tsp
corriander powder - 1/2 tsp
red chilli powder - 1 tsp
pepper powder - 1/2 tsp
garam masala powder - 1/2 tsp
curd - 1 cup
tomatoes - 2 (chopped)
onions - 2 (chopped)
ginger - 2" (cubed)
garlic - 10 - 12 pods
Oil to temper
corriander leaves (chopped) - to garnish
- marinate the mutton with all the other ingredients and leave it in the fridge overnight
- next day add the mutton in a pressure cooker and add some water and cook till they are tender
- in a pan add oil
- add the tomato, onions and ginger garlic paste till the oil oozes out
- add the cooked mutton and allow that to fry and cook till the moisture is fully absorbed
- when they are dry add the corriander leaves and garnish
- serve with roti's or parata's
- Goes well with rice too!!!
Titlis Busy Kitchen