CHOCOLATE WALNUT CAKE
Butter - 250 gms
Maida - 250 gms
Sugar - 250 gms
Baking powder - 2.5 tsp
baking soda - 1/2 tsp
Corn Flour - 2 tsp
Eggs - 7
Cocoa powder - 7 tsp
instant coffee powder - 1 tsp
Walnut - 1.5 cups
Vanilla essence - 2 tsp
- powder the sugar till they are fine.
- Reduce 2 tsp of maida from 250 g and add corn flour.
- this will make cake fluffy
- dry roast walnuts. Remove skin and grind to a coarse powder
- seive maida, corn flour, coffee powder, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda thrice and leave it aside. This will ensure all the dry items are equally mixed
- bring butter to room temperature and add sugar powder
- beat till they are creamy.
- add vanilla essence and mix well
- add the maida powder (the seived powders) little by little and mix well untill they are well blended.
- when the mixture becomes thick add one egg and mix till they are well blended
- repeat the same until all the eggs and maida mixture are done.
- now grease a baking tray with butter and fill the batter in the tray till they are 3/4th filled.
- now add the walnut powder on top and tap the baking tray.
Preheat the oven in 180 degrees for 10 mins. Bake at the same temperature for 40 mins.
Remove and allow to cool and then unmould.