Raagi(Finger millet) flour - 1/2 cup
All purpose flour - 1/2 cup
Powdered sugar - 1/2 cup
Butter - 1/2 cup
Cardamom powder - 1/4 tspn
Baking powder - 1/2 tspn
Milk - 2 tblspn
Chopped nuts to garnish
- Roast raagi flour for about 5 minutes till you can smell the aroma of raosted raagi.
- Whisk butter and sugar till creamy.
- Mix roasted raagi,all purpose flour, baking powder and cardamom powder well.
- Stir in the dry ingredients to the butter-sugar mixture.
- Mix to make a soft dough.
- If you find the dough dry, add about a teaspoon of milk.
- Pinch off a lemon sized dough.
- Shape into a ball and flatten a bit. garnish with chopped nuts.
- Press it down using a fork.
- Bake in a preheated ovenTemp -180 C Time - 30 min
Thanks goes to:
Kailas Kicthen. The real recipe goes with the double of quantity of the ingredients. But I am preparing this recipe for the first time, so didnt wanna take a risk of using double the quantity.
This recipe is dedicated for the EVENT
EFM (Event for the Month) January - Microwave Oven Series!
This is for the EVENT : TASTE OF MYSORE
This is for the EVENT: COOKING 4 ALL SEASONS