Sunday, June 27, 2010

Badam Kheer

BADAM KHEER

HI all.....

This is my 400th post. I didnt know how days flew and its 1.5 years now. I started this blog on Dec 2008. And now it has touched the 400th post.

Hurray!!!! I wanted to celebrate this with a sweet. But there were three sweets in my mind - badam kheer being the last option, first being kasi halwa and Mal Pua being the second. I seriously dont understand why I had to prepare this when this was my last option.. yet A SWEET IS A MUST .. is all that I wanted..

This was rich, tasty and awesome and my hubby loved this!!!!!!!!!

Here goes the recipe:

Ingredients:
milk - 4 cups
badam - a handful (soaked in hot water)
sugar - 1/4 cup
condensed milk - 1 tin
sweetless kova - 100 gms
cardamom powder - 1 tsp
saffron - a pinch



Method:
- bring milk, sugar and condensed milk to a boil
- peel the skin of the badam and grind it to a fine paste
- add the paste to the milk when the mil reduces to 1/3rd of its original quantity
- mix well and allow that to get cooked for 5 mins
- add the khova and cardamom powder
- mix well for 2 mins or until the khova is well dissolved
- add the saffron and mix well.
- serve chilled

No comments: