I prepared this cake on 10th of this may. But it took a long time to post this due to lack of time. Managing a month and a half old baby is showing me stars without anyones help. Iam waiting for her to be a year old soon so that I can relax a bit!!!!!!!!
I took this recipe from http://indiankhanna.blogspot.com/2008/07/banana-cake.html.
Priti had prepared this cake and her source for this recipe was http://365daysveg.wordpress.com/2008/06/08/bite-size-banana-muffins/.
The original recipe from 365daysveg says that she mixed raisins along with the batter and made muffins. But I exacty followed Priti's recipe and My raisins on the top which I had topped on the batter alone got burnt. I did a small variation too that I added few choco chips to the batter as a topping to add more flavour.
This recipe was simple, pure veggie, and was tasty too.
Wheat flour – 1 cup
All purpose flour – ¾ cup
Butter – 2tps
Milk – ½ cup
Ripe banana mashed – 1cup or 2 bananas
Sugar - ½ cup
Raisins – 1tbs
Almonds – ½ tbs
Baking powder – 1tsp
choco chips - 1/4 cup
- Preheat oven in 200C
- Mix all flour, baking soda, and banana pulp and keep adding milk in small quantity.
- Add sugar and beat to form a smooth paste.
- Add 1tps of butter and beat for 2min.
- Dust a baking dish with 1tps of butter and flour.
- Pour the mixture into baking dish & garnish with raisins, almonds and choco chips
- Bake in 200C for 35mins or until golden brown. - In the center use a fork to check if the cake is done.
- I had soaked the badam in hot water for 3 hrs and then peeled the skin off. Then cut them into fine slices and used that for topping.
Priti and 365daysveg.