Monday, June 21, 2010

Banana Cake

BANANA CAKE

HI all,

I prepared this cake on 10th of this may. But it took a long time to post this due to lack of time. Managing a month and a half old baby is showing me stars without anyones help. Iam waiting for her to be a year old soon so that I can relax a bit!!!!!!!!

I took this recipe from http://indiankhanna.blogspot.com/2008/07/banana-cake.html.
Priti had prepared this cake and her source for this recipe was http://365daysveg.wordpress.com/2008/06/08/bite-size-banana-muffins/.

The original recipe from 365daysveg says that she mixed raisins along with the batter and made muffins. But I exacty followed Priti's recipe and My raisins on the top which I had topped on the batter alone got burnt. I did a small variation too that I added few choco chips to the batter as a topping to add more flavour.

This recipe was simple, pure veggie, and was tasty too.

Ingredients:
Wheat flour – 1 cup
All purpose flour – ¾ cup
Butter – 2tps
Milk – ½ cup
Ripe banana mashed – 1cup or 2 bananas
Sugar - ½ cup
Raisins – 1tbs
Almonds – ½ tbs
Baking powder – 1tsp
choco chips - 1/4 cup



Method:
- Preheat oven in 200C
- Mix all flour, baking soda, and banana pulp and keep adding milk in small quantity.
- Add sugar and beat to form a smooth paste.
- Add 1tps of butter and beat for 2min.
- Dust a baking dish with 1tps of butter and flour.
- Pour the mixture into baking dish & garnish with raisins, almonds and choco chips
- Bake in 200C for 35mins or until golden brown. - In the center use a fork to check if the cake is done.

Note:
- I had soaked the badam in hot water for 3 hrs and then peeled the skin off. Then cut them into fine slices and used that for topping.

Source:
Priti and 365daysveg.

5 comments:

Indian Khana said...

Thanks for trying dear :)....looks real yum

Suja Manoj said...

Banana Cake with raisins and choco chips..looks really fantastic.

Champa said...

Nice cake. Enjoy your baby. It is not true that it gets easy as they grow old, It gets hard. Younger your kids, smaller are your problems/troubles. Take it from someone who has 2 kids and has managed all by herself to take care of them. Blogging can wait, take care of yourself and the baby.

Soma Pradhan said...

nice cake. perfectly baked

Indian Khana said...

Sap I updated my blog linking this page..u check my blog again sweety :)