URAD DAL KHEER
This recipe is of the same kind that I had prepared and posted earlier. But the taste and the smell varies. This tasted simple, refreshing, awesome and kind of filling. This is very good as an evening snack and drink. This was very simple and tasty and just took 10 mins to do the cooking part. A must try recipe indeed.
Urad dal - 1 /2 cup
sugar - 3 tsp
cardamom - 4 (powdered)
milk - 2 cups
turmeric powder - 1 pinchMethod:
- soak the urad dal for 1 hr and grind to a fine paste
- add milk to it and make a thin paste. The mixture should be watery
- to this add sugar, cardamom powder and turmeric powder
- mix well and now start boiling making sure that the mixture is stirred continuously
- the mixture will begin to boil and as the mixture thickens a bit and the urad dal smell is gone, remove from fire
- serve warm or chilled..
I liked the warm version.
This recipe was given by Priya from PRIYA'S FEAST.
Thank you Priya for sharing this wonderful recipe. It was tasty and filling and needless to say this has become one of my fav drinks for a eve snack.