How does this recipe look? Like a pongal?
Exactly .. Its Oats pongal. .. Tastes just like rice pongal. Its easy to make and perfect tiffen item.
Oats - 1 cup
Moong dal (roasted) - 1/2 cup
salt to taste
green chilli - 1 (chopped)
water - 5 cups
ginger - 1 tsp (grated)
ghee - 2 tbsp
whole black pepper - 1 tsp
cumin seeds - 1 tsp
curry leaves - 15
cashew nuts - 3 - 5 (optional)
- in a pressure pan add oats, washed moong dal, salt, green chilli, ginger and water
- leave it for 3 - 4 whistles
- after the steam goes off just smash them.
- in a pan add ghee
- add curry leaves, cumin seeds and pepper
- add cashews and fry till golden colour
- add these to the pongal and mix well
- serve with chutney.
I had prepared onion - coconut chutney as a side dish