beetroot - 1 cup (grated)
red chillies - 2 - 3
salt to taste
mustard seeds - 1 tsp
urad dal - 1/2 tsp
oil - 2 tsp
onion - 1 (chopped)
curry leaves - 10 - 15
- in a pan add oil
- add mustard seeds and urad dal
- when the dal changes colour add the red chillies and onions and fry till golden colour
- add the beetroot and salt
- fry till they are half cooked
- add curry leaves and sprinkle some water and close the pan with a lid
- then when the moisture is completely gone remove from fire and serve as a side dish.
- I have used dried red chillies instead of green chillies. But the recipe calls for green chillies and the taste will be better. As Iam not supposed to eat green chillies I have not used them.