I saw this kulambu in Elite foods (Viki's Kitchen website). I remembered that my Granny does this dish very often when it rains or anyone catches cold. Its such a good one for cold and fever.
She gave me the recipe and that looked very simple as well.
thick tamarind water - 1/4 cup
salt to taste
garlic pods - 4 - 5
oil - 4 - 5 tsp
pepper - 1 tsp
corriander seeds - 1 tsp
red chillies - 2
channa dal - 1 tsp
cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
garlic - 4 - 5 pods
curry leaves - 10 - 15
- in a pan dry roast the "to grind" ingredients.
- grind it to a fine powder
- in a pan add oil
- fry the garlic pods until they are soft
- add the ground powder, salt and give one good stir
- pour in the tamarind water and water and allow that to boil until it thickens
- serve hot with steamed rice.......